Reflecting on The Bahamas | Nathan Griffith
Hello everybody! It seems like it's been a long time! Maybe because it has.. I have so much to tell you guys I'm not quite sure where to start.
I spent 27 days in the Bahamas, 10 days in Mexico City, and now have been back in Branson for a week. WHAT A TIME. My time at each place has been very different.
We saw some of the worst of the Bahamas (meaning we were living at the poor part of town), the very best of Mexico (spent 3 days at a vacation hotel on the beach of Acapolco). Two polar opposites really. The first trip was missional and the second was vacational, but the Lord taught me much on both trips so I'm gonna share with you some of what He taught/reminded me.
1. Even as a poor college student, I am RICH compared to MOST of the world.
2. The more time we spend with Jesus, the more our hearts get aligned with His. And the more our hearts are aligned with His, the easier it is for us to see people the way He sees people. And He deeply loves people!!
3. The amount of time I spend alone with the Lord is directly correlated with how patient I am with others.
4. There's nothing good in me outside of the Holy Spirit.
5. My one and only purpose in life is to bring glorification to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
6. My deepest desire is to be in His presence.
Allow me to elaborate on one of these points: the joy of the Lord is overflowing in my life. I find myself wanting to constantly worship Him. A couple nights ago one of my friends was having a "worship and prayer night" in his room from 10-11p.m. and was inviting guys to attend. I love that kind of thing but I was so dawg tired that I told him I was just going to go to sleep. So it's about 9:50 and I'm laying in bed trying to go to sleep and I feel my soul just longing to worship God! The music lyric, "I'm desperate for your presence, longing to be with You" is a great way to describe how I felt. So I said, "ah what the heck!" And jumped out of bed and ran to my friends room for prayer and worship. I was so glad I did. But my point is: more than I wanted to sleep, I wanted to worship Jesus. I am so in love with Him.
Closing thoughts: I know some of you want to hear more details! If you would like to see my adventures in Mexico City then check out the video on my Facebook page! My friend Alan put together a cool video of the high lights! ... I will be elaborating on a couple of my other points in future YouTube videos! I'm doing my best to have another out in the next week! If you'd like to watch either one of my other videos here's the link to my channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtZz_oljTeO3isyZgHT2ckg
Make sure you guys subscribe!
I love you all so much! Thank you for loving me.